Operations Security (OPSEC) has been a key tactic used by commercial and military organizations to protect privacy and anonymity throughout history. Criminals, however, use OPSEC as a means to an end - avoiding detection, maintaining availability of their attack infrastructure, and retaining access to environments they have compromised.
Lapses in OPSEC can have significant implications for defenders and attackers alike. Organizations all too often unknowingly expose confidential information that increase risks.
In this paper you will learn:
- How OPSEC drives security, privacy and anonymity
- How OPSEC mistakes can be costly
- How adversaries approach OPSEC
- A 5-step OPSEC program for defenders
- How to build resilience into your OPSEC program